Meet the all-new Suzuki Swift, signifying a bolder and more powerful road presence for the icon, now available with a mild hybrid engine, a first for Suzuki in Singapore. Updates for the new model further accentuate the Swift’s iconic characteristics in a modern package that is stylish, responsive and efficient—making it the best hot hatch in its class.
Here are a few things we loved about the new Swift:
- It looks properly updated for the next generation of Swift enthusiasts, for those who will be using it as a daily commute, as well as those who are passionate about individualizing their rides.
- Compact size makes it easy to maneuver in tight spots, while also keeping overall weight low for efficiency. An ideal option for urban settings, small families, and budget conscious users.
- Safety features included are well appointed, and important tools for the modern driver.
- Digital display on climate control knobs, a simple touch of classy luxe.
A few minor things we thought could be improved upon:
- While the driver cockpit is clear of clutter and functional, a splash of body colour on the interior trimmings might help bring more vibrancy to the insides. (eg: plastic air conditioning surrounds)
- Diesel engines are not available in this part of the world, which is a pity as it would probably serve well for those who are still worried about hybrid technology.
Mr Samuel Yong, Marketing and Business Strategy Director of Inchcape Singapore, said, “The Suzuki Swift has been a long-time favourite among motorists across the world seeking a sporty supermini — and we believe that the powertrain improvements will attract a wider audience. Its new mild hybrid engine ups the ante for everyday cruising and achieves better fuel economy and a smoother drive without affecting performance. We're very excited that the new Swift has reached our shores, and are certain that it will fit seamlessly into any lifestyle.”
Its lightweight mild hybrid system, the Integrated Starter Generator (ISG) in the 2021 Suzuki Swift helps generate electricity as well as restart and assist the engine as a motor. Coupled with the 12V lithium-ion battery, it helps in the efficiency of the regeneration of the engine which improves the fuel efficiency up to 24km/per litre compared to its previous generation. The Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki (SHVS) is a compact and lightweight system that does not interfere or compromise the interior spaciousness and weight to the vehicle, making it all in all a much more comfortable and smoother journey.
The Swift is powered by a HEARTECT platform that delivers enhanced fundamental vehicle performance due to it being light and highly rigid. Its light weight contributes to low fuel consumption and improves the way the vehicle moves, turns and stops. The underbody and components attached to it are optimised as a unified whole (rather than focusing on partial optimisation of individual components), reducing noise and vibration for driving comfort.
The suspension has been designed to highlight the Swift’s characteristic direct-response steering, for excellent stability and comfort, while providing a supple and comfortable ride. The MacPherson Strut Front Suspension provides great road-holding performance and responsiveness while the Torsion Beam Rear Suspension makes the car follow the contours of the road precisely. The Swift’s exterior expresses dynamic styling that keeps it a true supermini vehicle. This compact vehicle truly is the ideal sporty and nimble ride that will bring joy to any driver.
Key updates include:
- Sporty and bold front face
- Strong shoulders and wrap-around windows, featuring hidden doors and handles for a sportier, coupé look.
- ‘Floating’ roof and high-mount brake lights for improved safety
- A three-dimensional diamond grille with a horizontal silver line for a more refined look
- Finely crafted 16” factory-fitted alloy wheels
The sporty, sophisticated design of the Swift’s interior console adds a layer of sophistication with a driver-centric cockpit, delivering driving confidence and improved convenience on the road. Updated features include:
- Sporty, multi-functional, D-shaped steering wheel
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capabilities for drivers to stay connected in style
- Cylindrical gauges with centralised, multi-information display
- Plenty of boot space for spicy urban adventures
With safety being an integral part of business at Suzuki, the new Swift comes equipped with the Suzuki Safety Support (ADAS) Suite, an active safety system that helps drivers navigate with ease and mitigate accidents through the busy concrete jungle roads.
Safety features include:
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- 6 SRS Airbags
- Front Passenger Airbag Deactivation System
- Hill Hold Assist
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Electronic Stability Programme (ESP)
- Anti-lock Braking System(ABS)
- Dual Sensor BrakeSupport (DSBS)
- Lane Departure Warning
- Weaving Alert