Singapore - The new Cupra Ateca was developed to offer drivers and passengers the highest performance in the compact SUV segment from the Spanish manufacturer, and we believe it has done it superbly! Loaded with almost every driver-aid, functions and technological gizmos expected of a 21st century SUV, the new Ateca is truly well balanced; with more than sufficient power for a spirited weekend drive in Sport or Cupra mode and a large capacity both in the rear bench and trunk for grocery runs or weekend picnics with the family.
Three things we love about the Cupra Ateca:
- With 300hp and 400Nm from its 2.0L turbocharged engine, mated to a smooth and responsive 7-speed DSG gearbox, the new Cupra Ateca packs a punch!
- Good levels of comfort when ‘Normal/Comfort Mode’ is selected, and offering up a significantly more planted and inspiring driving experience when ‘Sport and Cupra Modes’ are selected.
- Auto-brake function when bringing the compact SUV to a complete stop is a brilliant function for added safety.
Two things we dislike about the Cupra Ateca:
- The seat warmer function is extremely pointless, especially in regions without winter. A seat cooler function will be more logical.
- Considering how the Cupra Ateca is the higher specced option, the infotainment display unit could offer a little more detail.